Friday, February 13, 2009

Rape with Consent
(The following lines are based on the life of one girl I know. I have been thinking about her miserable life for the last so many months. I got inspiration to write this poem when I listened to the song 'Rape Me...' by Nirvana.)

On my delivery, my ma suffered a lot of pain,
She was on seventh heaven on my gain.

She raised me up like a touch-me-not,
All my dresses were decorated with frills and picot.

Golden times ended when I entered youth,
With marriage dawned the uneasy truth.

In-laws were too ravenous for dowry,
It would have been uncustomary to ask judicatory.

Initial fulfillment made them more avarice,
My wale and welts are asking for poultice.

My ma is standing at the death door,
I am not allowed to meet her for one last encore.

Everyday is lambaste and chide,
Breath is on, but body is zombified.

Paralyzed with family and social force,
It’s impossible for me to opt for divorce.

To hell with such a system and society,
Where low priority is given to the individuality.

Life is passing by without any excitement,
Every night I serve my body for rape with consent.

7 Comments:

Blogger Prabs said...

Another feather to your cap my friend... It is quite amazing to read such a prose, that comes out from a person who's just penned down his first. Bitter but true, these lines say out loud what some of our sisters/friends are going through. The agony of such women can never be felt... God bless them... A very thoughtful start my friend. Keep up the good work. God Bless.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Shashwat Mahaseth said...

well done yaar!
keep writing :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Chinku said...

Its an bitter truth exist in our society n i thought it take decades to change mindset of people.
Gud work done...N this blog shows ur improved vocab...
Great gng.

9:45 AM  
Blogger prasanna_kapoor said...

aaaaaaaaaa!!
i dnt hv words 2 say!!!
what a piece of poetry
yeah ,its more dan a poetry!!
i was nt aware of dis part of urs.
BRAVOOO!!!

11:19 PM  
Blogger prasanna_kapoor said...

n yai vali pic achi lag ri hai!!
bachai lag rahai ho aap!!!
tke cre!!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The fact is true n known to all!!
But the rhyming and the way words are woven is amazing.
Gd Work dude

7:04 AM  
Blogger Shruthi Mahesh said...

Awesome is one word...!! GR8 writing Barjesh!! keep it up!!

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home