Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The 'S' Factor!

First things first… I’m not superstitious and neither do I live in a hypothetical world, but sometimes life’s little experiences make you wonder ……

One such experience has been with the letter ‘S’. When I look at my past, I found many incidents related to ‘S’.

In 4th semester I worked on 4 projects. They failed, couldn’t be completed or didn’t serve the purpose for which they had been undertaken. To start with, my very first industrial project, which we got fromS## S####’, working in ST Microelectronics. I consider this project as a failure as we were unable to implement at hardware level, though the software was complete.

Next in line was my project in Embedded Systems under the guidance of ‘S####### S####’. As luck would have it, this project though through with its design and software implementation, was a complete failure.

My project on JMF brought some new hopes for me and my team members, ‘S#######’ and ‘S#####’. And once again we hit the dirt, as the final outcome was entirely different from the one proposed.

Of all, the one that matters the most, was the dream project that I had in mind when I came to Thapar with a distinctive vision. Project’s title was Shoulder Surfing. Working day and night it took me three months(19th Dec to 23rd March) to complete it. Inspite of being complete in each and every aspect, it didn’t serve the purpose for which it was intended for. For me , it was a big shock.and once again the people though indirectly involved were ‘S####’ and ‘S#####’.

This one, though a bit personal, but still has been quite influential. After tracking her for a long time, I finally approached ‘S#####’(pursuing her master’s in Software Engg.) during one of our insti’s fest’s, Saturnalia. And guess what …… she said ….. yes?……. Or no?…… abey yaar, woh kuch boli hi nahi.

It might seem a bit out of place, but I incurred losses in Stocks too, during that period….

Along came holidays and it was time for masti, so I started working on the theme ‘why Indian IT companies couldn’t achieve in 25 years what Google achieved in 8 years’. In this regard, I approached companies like Infy, TCS, Satyam & NASSCOM as well and also provided them the solution in the form of ‘ASCENT’(refer my earlier blogpost). But none of them seemed to be interested. On the very first day of fifth semester, I got response and compliment as well fromS###### B###########’ working as a Chief Consultant (Information System) in Siemens.

I appeared in 5-6 companies for my placement and finally got selected in Siemens.

1 Comments:

Blogger prasanna_kapoor said...

is kahani sai bacho yai shiksha milti hai ki "NEVER DO SMETING WHICH STARTS FRM #S#"
hehehehhahah
by da wat KON THI VO ### JISNAI AAPKO NA YES NA NO KAHA!!!???
KITNA SOACHTAI HO AAP..
ufff baba rai!!1

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home